Monday 14 May 2018

3 Month Journey with Google & Udacity Scholarship

 Google India Challenge Scholarship Recipient Badge  

 Image result for udacity logo       Image result for google logo


Hello Udacity and Google ,


This is Sparsh Raj,currently studying engineering from KIIT University ,Bhubaneswar.My branch is Computer Science and getting this kind of opportunity was dream nothing else.

Thank you for providing this opportunity to me never thought of using slack or completing course in a Single Day .

Well here is the story:Since i'm having habit of reading news articles online I got the information about this Scholarship .I was sure that why will i selected but still i thought might luck will work.So, i applied for it answered all the question perfectly gave my best.Then waited for the result and suddenly on 7 th feb 2018 it happened .

I got the Email stating : We are excited to offer you a Google India Challenge Scholarship for the Front-End Web Developer track. We received applications from many talented and motivated candidates, and yours truly stood out.Your first day of class is Wednesday, February 14.After reviewing your application, we've placed you in the most appropriate course based on your experience and technical qualifications. As a scholarship recipient, you will be automatically enrolled into the initial 3-month challenge course. On Wednesday, February 14th, we'll send you instructions on how to get started.

Then from 15th i started the process of learning joined slack installed it on phone to stay updated.Introduced myself on acknowledgment channel.

It took me around 5 Days to understand working of slack till then i was not aware of forums i thought slack is the forum and mentors are already there in slack so this is only forum which is used by student .

In the initial phase everything was running smoothly as per the plan which i decided to complete half of every lesson daily.but unfortunately i failed to do so as i had a work load of my college .Since its my 3rd year i needed to submit a minor project this scholarship is the reason i was able to create a car rental portal for my minors .Then there was Semesters exams .

My learning process became slower day by day .During this period I missed Collaborative Projects which i think was on of the best initiative.

Since it was the end of my 3rd year i got an internship at TATA Steel ,Jamshedpur .I got busy again .

But believe me i completed more than 60% of this course with 2 days.
And i helped me to learn a lesson in my life that never leave a work for tomorrow cause tomorrow never comes.

This course was boon for me as i had just 3 days left i kept on learning and solving questions and it went smoothly.The way course was created is extremely well .

On 12th May i decided to complete the course and while studying for it i coded watched videos made projects simultaneously.

And on 13th of May 2018 i finally completed this course.

Future outcome from this course : Finally now i will be able to make my blog amazing .


Here is link of my Blog : Click Here

Everything was amazing in this 3 months right from interacting new people on slack and way of help provided by mentors on slack and forums.

There is no ending of Knowledge

This is my story i'm a good coder but not a good writer .
Sorry, if i missed any part .

Waiting for :D
Though i believe i have no chance of getting 6 month again .But i still hope for best .never thought for 3 month it happened .
*fingers crossed


Once again Thank you , Google and Udacity


Warm Regards
Sparsh Raj

Email : sparshraj131@gmail.com
Slack id : sparshraj131
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sparshraj131
Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/sparsh-raj-1312251210/


Projects Done:

[Web Dev Blog] : https://codepen.io/sparshraj131/pen/LmreWp
[Mockup To Article] : https://codepen.io/sparshraj131/pen/oddjpN
[Animal Trading Card] https://codepen.io/sparshraj131/pen/yjENBL
[Pixel Art Maker] : https://codepen.io/sparshraj131/pen/BxVJwY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home